This Diwali, it’s been about ‘Sale On’ as all the major e-commerce players out-did themselves to present the best deals and offers to customers. Many e-commerce sites ran special promotions for Diwali & festive season to vow online shoppers. CashKaro.com, India’s No. 1 Cashback and Coupons site saw some great offers & increased activity during this festive season. CashKaro.com works with all top ecommerce sites like Flipkart, Amazon.in, Snapdeal, Shopclues and features their latest Discount Coupons and offers. Plus CashKaro also pays members extra Cashback when they shop at any site through CashKaro. This puts CashKaro.com in a unique position to compare trends and bestsellers seen across different e-commerce sites. Here are the top festive trends as seen on CashKaro.com this Diwali season:
- Number of transactions during Diwali season vs. rest of the year
There has been a 200% increase in number of transactions via CashKaro.com during the festive period as compared to the rest of the year! This is largely due to the wide array of discounts and promotions being offered to bring new shoppers online and drive repeat purchases. CashKaro.com offered up to 25% extra Cashback on top of all these sales and discounts hence, our members had a great incentive to shop via us!
In some case members saved up to 80% on their shopping including the discount from ecommerce sites, Cashback offered on using bank credit/debit cards and an extra Cashback from CashKaro.com on top of all this!
- Average amount spent this Diwali
The average order value through CashKaro platform has been 5000 (INR) this festive season vs. rest of the year. The reason for this empirical increase was largely due to higher discounts offered by partner sites and increased spending by customers online.
We have witnessed a 250% increase in revenues during festive season vs. rest of the year.
- Top performing retailers
Most popular retailers on CashKaro.com based on transactions are:
- Amazon.in: On top of their upto 75% off Diwali Dhamaka Sale CashKaro.com gave upto 21% extra Cashback over and above. These discounts made Amazon.in very popular on our site
- Flipkart: We featured the latest discounts and Coupons for Flipkart which enabled members to save up to 75% on their order
- Snapdeal: The ‘Buy 1 Get 1 free’ offers on Snapdeal were the bestseller along with CashKaro’s up to 10% Cashback
- Jabong: Similarly ‘Flat 50% off’ deals + flat 10% Cashback from CashKaro.com did incredibly well
- Myntra: Minimum 40% off offers + upto 12% Cashback from CashKaro.com was popular
A positive sentiment was witnessed on all ecommerce sites depending upon value propositions. During the festive season marketplaces like Amazon, Shopclues, Jabong, eBay saw over 200% increase in transactions. Home furnishing portals like Fabfurnish, Pepperfry saw an increase of around 150%. Growth trajectory is also seen in category players like Lenskart with 165% increase and Zivame 130%.
- Most popular categories
- Electronics – Deals on Mobile and laptops had an overall better traction. iPhone 5S 44% off offer from Amazon.in + 5% CashKaro Cashback was an absolute winner while the iPad Mini Rs 8000 off from Flipkart was very popular as well
- Shoes & clothing – Overall transactions in fashion & lifestyle vertical has grown. CashKaro offered a 21% cashback on specific deals like Flat 60% off on Shoes at Amazon.in
- Books – CashKaro offered 14% cashback on deals like Flat 50% off Books on Amazon.in
- Cities that are seeing greater interest during Diwali
The top 5 Metros (Delhi /NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai and Kolkata) have continued to dominate along with upcoming metro cities such as Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad and Chandigarh. Surprisingly this year, there is equally good traffic from Tier II/Tier III such as Pimpri Chinchwad, Ernakulam and Bhubaneswar.